- Fri 4 - Sat 5 Oct 2019 7.30pmSadler’s Wells London
- Tue 8 - Wed 9 Oct 2019 7.30pmTheatre Royal and Royal Concert Hall Nottingham
- Fri 11 - Sat 12 Oct 2019 7.30pmAlhambra Theatre Bradford
- Tue 15 - Wed 16 Oct 2019 7.30pmBirmingham Hippodrome
- Tue 22 - Wed 23 Oct 2019 8.00pmThe Lowry Salford Quays
- Fri 25 - Sat 26 Oct 2019 7.30pmMilton Keynes Theatre
- Tue 29 - Wed 30 Oct 2019 7.30pmBrighton Dome
- Fri 1 - Sat 2 Nov 2019 7.30pmMarlowe Theatre Canterbury
About the show
South Africa’s internationally renowned choreographer, Dada Masilo, presents her fearless re-imagining of the iconic classic, Giselle.
Opening in a lively South African village, Masilo’s Giselle tells the story of a trusting peasant girl who is thrust into a world of betrayal and shame when her lover rejects her. Spurned by her family and killed by heartbreak, Giselle returns from the grave as a supernatural being, bent on revenge.
Performing in the title role, Masilo brings her stunning high-speed style to the stage, fusing ballet, contemporary and traditional Tswana dance. Powered by a hauntingly beautiful score by South African composer Philip Miller who combines classical strings with African percussion and voice, this is Giselle, but not as you know it.