Dance Consortium presents
SÃO PAULO DANCE COMPANY
UK & IRELAND PREMIERE
Brazil’s finest dance company make their highly anticipated UK and Irish debut in spring 2024.
Fusing the elegance of classical ballet with the sensuality of Latin American dance, this ‘sleek, sexy and highly technical’ (The New Yorker) company of virtuoso dancers present a rich programme of work from three choreographers rooted in Latin American or Spanish culture.
Goyo Montero (resident choreographer with Carlos Acosta’s company Acosta Danza) explores the idea of collective identities in Anthem, an epic and emotionally charged ensemble piece for 14 dancers, beautifully staged with dramatic lighting.
Gnawa, by Nacho Duato (Artistic Director of the Berlin State Ballet), draws on the Mediterranean colours and flavours of Valencia, powered by the hypnotic, ritualistic music of North Africa.
Brazilian choreographer Cassi Abranches’ colourful and flirtatious Agora provides an exhilarating finale. Exploring time and rhythm, she sculpts the movement of each dancer’s body with the percussive beats and bass grooves of Afro-Brazilian fusion.
Passionate and energetic, São Paulo Dance Company combine international classical technique, fluidity and Brazilian swing
The best dance company in Brazil
- Mon 5 - Tue 6 Feb 2024Bord Gáis Energy Theatre Dublin
- Fri 9 - Sat 10 Feb 2024Sadler’s Wells London
- Tue 13 - Wed 14 Feb 2024Mayflower Theatre Southampton
- Fri 16 - Sat 17 Feb 2024Royal Concert Hall Nottingham
- Tue 20 - Wed 21 Feb 2024Marlowe Theatre Canterbury
- Fri 23 - Sat 24 Feb 2024Theatre Royal Plymouth
- Tue 27 - Wed 28 Feb 2024Brighton Dome
- Fri 1 - Sat 2 Mar 2024Hull New Theatre
- Tue 5 - Wed 6 Mar 2024Theatre Royal Newcastle
- Fri 8 - Sat 9 Mar 2024Alhambra Theatre Bradford
- Tue 12 - Wed 13 Mar 2024The Lowry Salford Quays
- Fri 15 - Sat 16 Mar 2024Wolverhampton Grand Theatre
- Tue 19 - Wed 20 Mar 2024Eden Court Theatre Inverness
- Fri 22 - Sat 23 Mar 2024Theatre Royal Norwich