16 + a room
- Choreography: Emily Molnar
- Lighting Design: Jordan Tuinman
- Costume Design: Kate Burrows
- Music: Dirk P. Haubrich
- Lighting Direction: James Proudfoot
Further info: Molnar’s '16 + a room' is inspired by the work of Virginia Woolf, Jeannette Winterson and Emily Dickinson. Sparked with explosive, fast-paced choreography that pushes the dancers to their athletic and technical limits, '16 + a room displays Molnar’s unique choreographic language through a complex study of time, transition and stillness.
16 + a room' received its world premiere for Ballet British Columbia in October 2013.
- Choreography: Crystal Pite
- Lighting Design: Tom Visser
- Costume Design: Crystal Pite / Joke Visser
- Set Design: Jay Gower Taylor
Further info: Inspired by two sonatas for cello and piano by Brahms and the poem ‘Lines for Winter’ by Mark Strand, Pite’s Solo Echo portrays a man coming to terms with himself at the end of his life as the choreographer explores recurring themes of acceptance and loss.
Solo Echo received its world premiere in February 2012 (Nederlands Dans Theater) and its Canadian premiere in November 2015 (Ballet British Columbia).
A Sadler’s Wells’ Associate Artist, Pite has won a number of prestigious awards including two Oliviers for Polaris in 2015 and Betroffenheit in 2017.
- Choreography: Sharon Eyal
- Lighting Design: Omer Sheizaf
- Costume Design: Sharon Eyal / Gai Behar
- Music: Ori Lichtik
- Choreographic Collaborators: Gai Behar / Ori Lichtik
Further info: Dancers showcase their extraordinary skills in synchronised ensemble sections and solos in the work created by Eyal with her long-time collaborators Gai Behar and Ori Lichtik.
Bill received its world premiere in May 2010 (Batsheva Dance Company) and its Canadian premiere in May 2016 (Ballet British Columbia).
- Tue 6 - Wed 7 Mar 2018 7.30pmSadler’s Wells London
- Fri 9 Mar 2018 7.30pmBrighton Dome
- Tue 13 - Wed 14 Mar 2018 7.30pmTheatre Royal Newcastle
- Fri 16 - Sat 17 Mar 2018 7.30pmBirmingham Hippodrome
- Tue 20 - Wed 21 Mar 2018 7.30pmThe Lowry Salford Quays
- Fri 23 - Sat 24 Mar 2018 7.30pmAlhambra Theatre Bradford