Danza Contemporánea de Cuba was founded in 1959 and has since become the nation’s flagship contemporary dance troupe with a hybrid, hothouse style that is a pungent blend of African-Caribbean rhythms, jazzy American modernism and inflections from European ballet.
Danza Contemporanea de Cuba have for 50 years produced dancers of the highest level with a style evoking the sensual, mystical and raw heart of Cuban spirit. Collaborations with international leaders in dance have combined with the African-Caribbean and Spanish fusions to produce an electrifying, evocative and distinctly unique expression of all that is Cuban.
The company of dancers dance with extraordinarily virile sexuality.
Marvellous! I could have watched all night. The applause was long, loud and thoroughly merited.
This is a stellar company and it’s a real privilege to see it perform.
There’s no salsa, no high-heeled rumba – just some of the finest contemporary dancers touring the world today
A seamless, urgent fusion of Afro-Caribbean, Latin and modern-American – that holds the attention like glue
Cuba’s most prestigious modern dance company knows how to grab attention from the start
Fast, funny and furious
- Tue 14 - Wed 15 Feb 2017 7.30pmRoyal Concert Hall Nottingham
- Fri 17 - Sat 18 Feb 2017 7.30pmThe Lowry Salford Quays
- Tue 21 - Wed 22 Feb 2017 7.30pmTheatre Royal Newcastle
- Thu 23 Feb 2017 8pmBarbican Hall London
- Tue 28 Feb - Wed 1 Mar 2017 7.30pmWales Millennium Centre Cardiff
- Fri 3 - Sat 4 Mar 2017 7.30pmTheatre Royal Plymouth
- Tue 7 - Wed 8 Mar 2017 7.30pmBrighton Dome
- Fri 10 Mar 2017 7.30pmEden Court Theatre Inverness
- Tue 14 - Wed 15 Mar 2017 7.30pmFestival Theatre Edinburgh
- Fri 17 - Sat 18 Mar 2017 7.30pmMarlowe Theatre Canterbury