Dance Consortium supports creative careers through Future Leaders. This joint initiative links our 18 members to run insight days, online training and networking events which fire curiosity about careers in theatre and dance. Future Leaders is recruiting now for our Spring 2023 project – view the online information pack now or download it below.
Are you….an aspiring arts leader curious about creative careers aged 19-26
Take part in Future Leaders fun and flexible leadership experience in February-April 2023. The programme is free and designed to fit around your work or study commitments. The programme is run by a group of 18 top UK regional theatres and features insight visits at two theatres (includes travel and overnight accommodation) plus bite-size online workshops and meetings with industry experts.
Future Leaders is ideal for people keen to know more about producing, venue and festival programming, artistic management, learning and engagement, tour management, technical management, festival scheduling, public events, tour co-ordination, marketing, digital communications, press and PR, fundraising and more.
Future Leaders is free. Travel costs and overnight accommodation for regional theatre visits are included. Support bursaries and access are also available.
Who is Future Leaders for?
Future Leaders is open to anyone aged 19-26 who wants to grow experience and connections in UK theatre and dance. Dance Consortium set up Future Leaders in 2015 to promote a range of producing and theatre management and administration roles. We’re especially keen to connect with people who see off-stage work such as running creative events, producing artistic projects, marketing, promoting or fundraising as part of their working life in the future.
Read about Vicki Horan’s experience as a Future Leader, which Dance Consortium supported through One Dance UK’s Dance Ambassadors Scheme.
Half of the places will be offered to people from underrepresented backgrounds who may experience barriers becoming part of the UK’s theatre workforce. The application form includes a chance to tell us whether any of the following applies to you:
- None of your parents or carers have ever studied at university in the UK or abroad
- You were eligible for free school meals during your school education
- You would describe yourself as Black, Asian or from an ethnic minority background
- You consider yourself to be disabled
- You consider yourself to have a learning disability or special education need
- January – information sessions apply by Friday 10 February 2023
- February – selection & develop a personalised plan
- March – virtual skills bootcamps & insight days at UK theatres with venue staff and Dance Consortium’s expert touring team:
- Tuesday 7 March – Southampton
- Friday 24 March – Nottingham
- Tuesday 28 March – Birmingham
- April – mentoring & networking
How to apply
Click to complete an online application form. Applications close on Friday 10 February 2023 at 2pm. If you have any questions, or would like support in completing this form, please contact Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org
Got questions or want to find out more?
- Check out the information pack – view online or download
- Drop in to a Future Leaders zoom information session:
- Request a 10 minute call or zoom with our team – book now
Need information in an accessible format? Our Future Leaders online folder includes a word version, large print version and audio file of this prospectus.
If you’re thinking about creative career why not apply? Download the Future Leaders information or read it online here.